Your privacy is important to us, and we take our responsibility of caring for it seriously. This policy describes what information THEFUZE collects when you use the mobile, online and downloadable products and services (“products”) offered by THEFUZE. By using our products, you consent to this policy.
- Information We Collect
The information we collect depends on what products you use and how you use them. The controller of the personal information collected is theFUZE at Foodesign Associates, 5828 Oak Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28227.
- Information You Give Us Directly
We collect information you provide us, including:
- Your email address, username, country, date of birth, telephone number and password;
- Security questions and answers;
- Demographic details, for instance in response to surveys about our products;
- Information you provide when seeking help from us such as your name and records of the issues you experience;
- Billing information, such as your name, address, telephone number and payment card details;
- Your THEFUZE Account information; and
- Information you provide to enter a contest or sweepstakes. If you win, we may need to collect your social security number, postal address and/or national identification for eligibility, prizes delivery and tax purposes.
When you participate in social features (such as chat), the information that you disclose is public information. We may store and access it, and it may be read, copied, collected or used by other users without your consent. Please make sure your privacy settings reflect your preferences.
- Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Products
We collect other information automatically when you use our products, including:
- IP address;
- Mobile and other hardware or device identifiers;
- Browser information, including your browser type and the language you prefer;
- Referring and exit pages, including landing pages and pages viewed;
- Platform type;
- Information about your media, device, hardware and software, such as your hardware settings and components, THEFUZE software and updates you have installed or use, and presence of required plug ins;
- Details about what THEFUZE products you use and your use of them; and
- Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URL’s and system activity details (e.g. whether you encountered an error playing our games or lost Internet access).
We also may collect and store information locally on your device, using mechanisms like cookies, browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Information Provided to Us by Third Parties
Mobile Apps developed by theFUZE. By installing our app on a mobile device, you agree your account information will be provided to THEFUZE so we can establish an THEFUZE Account for you.
We may receive information from third parties, like Facebook, when you use these services in connection with our products. We may also receive information about you when other players choose to share their contact lists with us.
We also may receive information from third parties to supplement the information we receive from you. We use information from these companies primarily to help us deliver relevant advertising to you. We also may use similar services, for instance, to help us understand your approximate geolocation via your IP address for tax purposes, or to customize certain services to your location.
- How We Collect Information
We collect some information from you when you provide it to us directly, such as via an online form or when you talk with our customer experience team. We and third parties also use certain technologies described below to collect information to deliver excellent experiences.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use other technologies for similar purposes as a cookie. We use pixels or clear GIFs to collect information about your use of our products and your response to our marketing emails. We use Internet log files (which contain technical data such as your IP address) to monitor traffic on our products, troubleshoot technical problems, detect and prevent fraud and enforce our Terms of Service. Other examples include HTML 5 cookies, Silverlight Application Storage, device fingerprints and “flash cookies.” If you want to remove flash cookies or prevent them from being placed, adjust your preferences in the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html. We currently do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We may adopt a DNT standard if one is established. In the meantime, you may opt out of certain types of tracking, including certain analytics and tailored advertising by changing your cookie settings.
We also use Analytics, Advertising, Anti-Cheat and Anti-Fraud technologies in our products that utilize the same cookies and similar mechanisms. These technologies are described below.
- Analytics Technologies
We use our own servers and internal and third party analytic technologies to collect information about how you use our products, your computer or device and the health of our products.
For instance, THEFUZE may collect and store data from your computer or device when you use our products. This information includes technical and related information about your computer or device and operating system (such as IP Address and device ID), information about your feature usage, system interactions and peripheral hardware for purposes described in section 3, below. If you participate in online services, THEFUZE also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play, or identify content that is created and shared by you with other users.
Third party analytics services integrated into our products may combine the information they collect in connection with THEFUZE’s services with information they have independently collected over time and across different websites. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
- Ad Serving Technologies
These technologies collect and use information so we can serve appropriate advertising to you and help track results and measure effectiveness. In addition to identifiers, this information includes:
- Advertisements served and the location of the ad;
- Length of time an advertisement was visible;
- Domain type, IP address, size of the advertisement; and
- Advertisement response.
Third party advertising companies may combine the information collected in the context of delivering an ad to you via our Products and Services with other information they have independently collected over time and across different websites. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies. To learn more about some of these ad networks’ practices, or to opt out of third party targeted advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org, http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, http://youradchoices.ca/, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Note that opting out does not mean you won’t see ads; it just means that the advertising you see may be less relevant to your interests.
- How We Use Your Information
We use your personal and non-personal information, both individually and combined together, in the following ways:
To operate our business and personalize your app experience including to:
- Operate, improve, and develop our apps and services;
- Help you find your friends or tell your friends about an THEFUZE product or service;
- Facilitate sharing on social networks;
- Serve and measure the effectiveness of advertising;
- Measure the health of our services;
- Set up and maintain accounts you register for;
- Provide app experiences that you may like;
- Set up loyalty programs;
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
- Provide software updates;
- Adhere to your preferences and to deliver dynamic content; and
- Help keep our services safe and fair, resolve disputes, investigate and help curb fraud and illegal behavior, comply with the law, and to enforce our agreements and policies.
To provide you support, including to:
- Help identify and troubleshoot problems with your account or app;
- To survey your opinions through surveys or questionnaires;
- Communicate with you and respond to your specific requests or questions; and
- Manage and send you confirmations and important information about your account, products, purchases, subscriptions, and warranties.
To personalize our communications with you, including to:
- Present offers and/or information relating to apps you might like;
- Make recommendations to you; and
- Personalize advertising for you and deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers.
- Information We Share with Third Parties
We do not share personal information that directly identifies you (such as your name, e-mail or postal address) with independent third parties without your consent, unless it is either required by law or we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our rights, property or operations or to protect our players or third parties. We may share anonymous or aggregated information, or other data that does not directly identify you, with third parties, for instance your persona on leaderboards or to show trends about use of our products.
We employ third parties located in and outside of your country of residence (including outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)) to collect or process personal information on our behalf for various reasons, such as conducting market surveys, facilitating credit card processing, or sending emails. When our third party agents or service providers collect or receive personal information, we require that they use the data only on our behalf and for purposes consistent with this policy.
We do not knowingly disclose personal information about children under 18 years of age to independent third parties even with consent.
However, in the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale or bankruptcy, we may transfer all information we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
We do not control information sent from your browser to third parties, such as advertising networks and analytics companies that receive information in the normal course of your Internet activity. When third party technologies or social tools are integrated into our products, those third parties may collect information when you use our products. An example is the Facebook “Like” button.
- Where We Hold Your Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
Security of our users’ information is a priority at THEFUZE, and we take a range of measures to help protect it, including encryption of sensitive financial information. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your information and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your information under our control.
Protecting children’s privacy online is extremely important to THEFUZE. Many THEFUZE online or mobile products and services are intended for general audiences and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. When users identify themselves as being children (i.e. under the age of 13 or under the minimum age in the relevant territory), consistent with applicable law we will: (1) not provide a path for them to input personal information, (2) collect certain information for limited purposes only (consistent with applicable law), (3) block or restrict the child from accessing relevant services (such as chat functionality); and/or (4) obtain consent from parents for the collection, use, and sharing of their children’s personal information.
Through our mobile applications your child will be able to receive local in-app notifications, which do not collect any personal information.
Please note that if you grant consent for your child to use THEFUZE’s online or mobile products and services, this may include such general audience communication services as email, instant messaging, and online groups, and your child will be able to communicate with, and disclose personal information to, other users of all ages.
We encourage you to talk with your children about communicating with strangers and disclosing personal information online. Under no circumstances do we condition a child’s participation in an activity—like contests—on the child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity. On certain sites, we may not permit children to participate at all regardless of consent.
- Your Choices and Controls
We give you meaningful choices when it comes to important uses and collection of information. For example, you can update your account information and preferences, choose to opt in or out of THEFUZE marketing emails and choose whether to share your information with select THEFUZE partners. If you would like to opt out at any time after granting approval, contact theFUZE at 5828 Oak Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28269.
You also can review and change most of your preferences through your THEFUZE Account settings. If you need additional assistance, please contact email@example.com.
You may deactivate your THEFUZE Account or delete the personal information associated with your account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you will no longer have access to the THEFUZE apps or services associated with your account. Note that THEFUZE may retain information needed to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreements, protect our legal rights, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our products. Otherwise, we will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to provide you services, create and improve our products, comply with the law, and to run our business.
You can access the personal information we hold about you. To request access, send us an email at email@example.com headed “Subject Access Request”. Before we process any request, we may ask you for certain personal information in order to verify your identity and we may request payment where allowed by law. Where permitted by local law, we may reject requests that are unreasonable or impractical. We will respond to your requests in a reasonable timeframe.
You also may adjust your browser settings to block certain online tracking, such as cookies.
- Third Party Services
- Changes to Our Policy
We may update this policy from time to time, so please review it frequently. Your continued use of our products means you accept any changes. Once you accept this policy, we will not enforce future changes we deem in good faith to be material absent your express agreement to the changed terms. If you are asked to affirmatively accept material changes to this policy and you decline to do so, you may not be able to continue to use the product provided.
- Contact Us
If you have a complaint or question about this policy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and updates to this policy, visit thefuze.net/privacy.